Frequently Asked Questions
- First attend to the medical needs of anyone involved. Call 911 if necessary-but remember that 911 is for emergencies only.
- When there are no injuries, move your vehicle out of traffic to the nearest place of safety.
- Notify the Department of the California Highway Patrol or the police department of the city in which the collision occurred.
- Exchange driver license, vehicle registration, and insurance information with the other driver or drivers.
- Do not accept or place any blame. Your insurance company has people trained to determine who is at fault.
- Gather contact information from possible witnesses.
- Take a moment to write down details of the collision, such as time of day, traffic conditions, weather conditions, and the events that led up to the collision.
- Remember, vehicle collisions are not accidents. An alcohol related vehicle collision is just that, a vehicle collision, because the term "accident" implies that these collisions, deaths, and injuries are unavoidable. In fact, alcohol related collisions are predictable and preventable because drinking and driving is the conscious choice of the driver. Never drink and drive or ride with someone who has been drinking. Please be responsible.
Facebook. Twitter. Tweets by @CHPCareers · California Highway Patrol · Facebook Twitter YouTube Vimeo Nixle Instagram ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/
Traffic. For up-to-date information on current road conditions, choose from a list of CHP Communication Centers from the drop-down menu below left. Refine ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/traffic
The Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol is responsible for one of the largest law enforcement agencies in the nation. With more than 11,000 ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/find-an-office
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) keeps motorists informed with up-to-date information on highway and road safety. View our press releases below to read ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/news-alerts
... injuries, and property damage. One of the primary factors in accomplishing this mission is communication with the people of California. Here's how to contact ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/home/contact-us
California Highway Patrol Careers ... CHPCareers_Pic2, https://www.chp.ca.gov/ PublishingImages/Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=192, CHPCareers_Pic2. https://www.chp.ca.gov/chp-careers
California Highway Patrol Programs & Services. Our motto is "Safety, Service, and Security." Read about how we provide those features to Californians here ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/programs-services
6-05) (4 pages), https://www.chp.ca.gov/CommercialVehicleSectionSite/ Documents/A chp108.pdf, CHP 108 Truck and/or Tractor Safety & Maintenance ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/home/forms